Monday, March 12, 2007

And let the semi-annual kick in the groin commence...

Oh how I hate you, Daylight Savings Time!
I always think that you are going to work in my favor.
You whisper hope of children sleeping in.
Or ME sleeping in.
Or ME staying up late.
Of convenient nap times.
Of a chance to slowly merge dinner time.
Of being able to catch that sitcom rerun I have been dying to watch.

And what do you bring me?
Children who jump on their bed at 9 PM when their bedtime is 7 PM.
Children who demand to get up to eat breakfast at 5:30 AM when breakfast is at 8 AM.
Grief because I changed every clock but the VCR, so when I stayed up to relax and watch some Will & Grace until 10 PM, I found it to be 11 PM in my bedroom.
Grief because for some unknown reason the guys with suits decided you come early.
Grief because I only remembered that at 11:30 the night before.

And what do you "save"?
I haven't a clue.
Not daylight, because unbelievably their is always the same amount at daylight whether or not we decide to cal right now 3 or 4 or 8 or 11.
Energy?
Great because now instead of getting up for the day just as the sun is rising, I have to get up when it is pitch black and turn on a bunch of lights.

And if you are anything like my bank, you make a deposit in the spring, a withdrawal in the fall, and have made enough in interest to pay the tax on a Big Mac.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe it was not fun around here either! Although I am loving the play outside after dinner time! (before the time change it was too dark!)

Unknown said...

We remembered to change the clocks because an announcement after our news told us "turn your clocks ahead!" With cheery music!!!

But it didn't make it any easier here either! I can't get used to it!

Marz said...

Oh my! I so agree with you.
Bedtime was shot at our house too.
And I said the exact thing to hubby today, how the hell does this save us energy? All our lights are on in the morning now. I hate it!

Damselfly said...

Ugh, I hate DST!