Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Chit-Chat

I am in a mood to talk about TV today. First, is anyone going to watch the bird flu movie tonight? I am not. Why? It is just a stupid weeknight movie about a hypothetical scenario. And you know that it can't have a bad ending. That is the kind of movie it is. They aren't going to kill off all but 5% of the population. There are going to be 3 scientists (incidentally all best friends with 2 of them previously a couple) that single handedly figure out a cure or vaccine or antidote that millions of scientists for years before hand couldn't. In the matter of 2 hours including commercials we are going to to be the only country in the world to win against bird flu. And we are going to show the rest of the world how it's done. There now you won't have to watch it either.

On the other hand, I am reeeally looking forward to the new X-Men movie this summer. I have been waiting for the last one for a long time. I loved the first 2.

I was so happy for the Australian miners. They were quoted as saying that they were the 2 stars in a 2 star movie. Hehe. The whole thing was handled so well and everyone was so happy. SO different than the mining incident in Virginia. When they got out last night, they went right over and punched out their time cards. I asked my hubby, I wonder if they got paid for the whole time since they never punched out? When asked what the first thing they wanted to do was, one said go to McDonalds, the other said get a newspaper to look for a new job.

I am not even going to touch the whole David Blaine thing. I don't get it.

Have you gone to visit Musings of a Self-Proclaimed Supermom yet? If not put it on your to-do list for today!
TTFN

6 comments:

Marz said...

No bird flu movie for me either.
I did watch David Blane last night but I don't care about him in the water or holding his breath, I just like the street magic he does.
The 1 movie I'm looking forward to watching this summer is Da Vinci
Code, right after I read the book.

Sharon T. said...

I'm so with you on the bird flu movie and on the X-Men movie (I will elope with Hugh Jackman someday....sigh...).

I did catch the David Blaine thing, but by accident. I actually feel bad for him that he didn't break the record!

Anonymous said...

I am so out of the loop on the tv thing...I am looking forward to watching Veronica Mars tonight!

Cool to read about the new computer!!

I hope you are all rested up from the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Alas, I had a date with Gilmore Girls, which was disappointing. On to Survivior!

Anonymous said...

A bird flu movie? Haven't heard of that yet..though we do live in deep dark africa lol

Marz said...

Wow!! Your new theme looks awesome!!1