Thursday, May 04, 2006

Did Ya Miss Me?

For some reason that question reminds me of Rod Steward. Like, Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? Or, Can Ya Believe People Still Buy My Music?

Getting off track here. I never did get sick, thankfully. Thanks for all your concerns. I would say that Gabriel was over most of it by Monday. Mark never got re-sick, again thankfully.

The past week and a half has been *blowing raspberries*. I was dragging after taking care of my sick boys. I was tired and weak. I laid on the couch and watched TV. I let housework slide. I didn't even go on-line since Saturday. I finally checked my e-mail last night to find some 300 messages. What can I say, spammers love me.

Yesterday was fun. Gabriel and I took Mark to the park for the first time. Well, it isn't really a park. We live about 2 miles from an elementary school, so we walked there and used the play yard. First time down the slides. Whoa, was that a blast. Mark just LOVED it. Every time he went down he would love like I was tickling him. He ran arround and explored the play houses. But I truely think if we would have just sat there and watched him instead of running arround with him, that he would have just dug in the wood chips the whole time.

Not only did I run arround the playground, but I walked the 2 miles there, the 2 miles back, AND I did my weekly shopping that morning. Whew. Aren't you proud of me?

Our laptop is standing on a wobbly leg. The battery has been bad for some time. The cost of a new battery is just under the cost of a new laptop, so we were just going to wait. This means that we have to have it plugged in all the time. Not a biggie. But with all that use, the laptop outlet and plug have become loose. Sunday the plug just stopped working altogether. Gabriel looked at it and fixed a broken wire. But it only a matter of time before something needs replacing. Since we can't afford a new laptop yet, I guess that means a new A/C adaptor. All I know is that the laptop has become our primary computer and to not have it is a shock!!

We are having friends over on Friday. I have a menu all planned out. Warm Jalapeno Cheese dip and chips, Salsa soup, Double Cheese Quasadillas, and Peppermint Cheesecake Bars. I had this worked out for almost 2 weeks now, just from new recipes I wanted to try. Then it hits me this morning, Friday is Cinco de Mayo! How fitting! And I didn't even try.

I really feel aweful that I didn't get a second post for my tenant. I feel like the worst landlady ever. Would you be ever so helpful and just go to In The Outer and say "Hi"? I would be ever so thankful.

TTFN

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Welcome back :)

It feels good to "unplug" sometimes.

Marz said...

Glad to see you're back.

Cool!! Mexican food, I love it!!! and what a coincidance!! Good planning & they'll think you're a good hostess.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Sorry to read about your laptop :( I would seriously be so sad if my laptop baby would stop playing nice!!!!

Wenchy said...

I love that Rod Stewart song!

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing kids enjoy the playgrounds. Good for you for doing all that exercise!

Undercover Angel said...

I'm so glad to see that you are back! I was starting to worry that you had gotten sick too.

I'm sorry to hear about your laptop though...