Monday, April 10, 2006

2 day withdrawals

Hey I haven't posted for 2 days! Argg! Sundays I never post. It is like family day. I take the day off from browsing the internet. And this Saturday was just busy and kind of more family time. Gabriel had off the weekend. In fact, he work normal 8 hours days last week. So weird. But nice.
Saturday Gabriel summerized the Goldwing. I won't be able to ride it this year. This past few years it has sadly feel by the wayside. Maybe this year Gabriel can ride with Steven a little.
After that Gabriel, Mark and I went shopping at Fleet Farm. I got some seeds and a indoor greenhouse to start my seedlings. The only plants I need to get from the actual greenhouse are some flowers and 1 tomatoe plant. I am trying to plant everything from seeds to cut on costs. We are going to have beans, beets, carrots, spinach, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, and peppers. I am also putting in a herb garden where I used to put annual flowers. That should cut on costs too. Although I am ahead of myself here. Planting season doesn't start here until later May or even into June. We have at least a month to go.

It is Holy Week already. Where did the time go? I started Lent thinking "Lent lasts forever" and here we are a spit away from Easter. I had better start planning for Good Friday services and buy my Easter candy! LOL

Woot! This is way cool. I am one of the 3 finalists in Mama M's dessert recipe contest. She is now taking votes for the winner in her comments. So everyone go now, vote. I can't remember the last time I was a finalist in anything. Actually I have a faint memory of winning a teddy bear for a store coloring contest, but I was like 5!

Today should be pretty easy. I have laundry to do (I do it once a week, every Monday). But other than that the house is clean and organized from yesterday. I do need to figure out what I should make for dinner. We should go outside again too. It is so beautiful out.

TTFN

5 comments:

Marz said...

I always wanted to have a garden too but I do not have a green thumb at all, plus when I used to have 2 dogs (I'm down to 1 now) I knew they wouldn't be able to help themselves from digging, eating or peeing on the crops, lol.
Good for you! I may start a little Chia Herb garden though.

Sandra said...

Your garden sounds amazing! I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

I take it that you green fingers. I wish I could get something to grow!

Anonymous said...

I am so envious! I cannot wait to have a garden!

Yvette A said...

Ah a garden..... I would love to start one I really want to start one, but where and when to start...lol
I do have a place on the side of my house that we have preped for a garden, we did do or shall I say DH did the potatoes last year and a few other things..