Saturday, April 29, 2006

I not only am the perfect mom, I play one on TV.

Things have actually slowed down a notch due to the fact that my husband is sick in bed with a 103 fever and almost uncontrollable chills. He is really sick. This happens once every 5 years or so. Getting a high fever freaks him out because when he was 18 he almost died from a fever seizure. He is looking better this morning than he did at 3 am.

I cannot figure this sickness out. Mark had it first. It was off and on for 4 days. Only really showing itself in the afternoon. He could be just fine with no fever all morning and have a 102 fever at 4 that afternoon. He has been OK for 2 or 3 days now, so I think he is over it.

But Gabriel started Wednesday evening. He was sick until Thurday evening when he was looking much better. Friday he looked great. No aches. No fever. No dragging tiredness. For a whole 24 hours. Until 9:30 last night. What sickness is on and off like that??

I thankfully haven't gotten any of it. I don't want it either. I feel tired from nursing my poor hubby last night, but fine otherwise.

With the house to myself, I think I will start my second template finally. I keep wanting to, but just posting and visiting taking up most of Mark's nap.
TTFN

17 comments:

Wenchy said...

Hope all is well soon. It really takes it's toll on the entire family.

Anonymous said...

awww I hope he feels better soon!! For the sake of everyone at your house!!

Take care of you so you do not get sick!

Iccle One said...

Sorry to hear that Gabriel is ill, I know it's not easy when your husband is unwell, and that's without a child, so it must be doubly hard for you. I hope you can manage to get some rest as well. Has he seen a doctor? Over here I'd suggest paracetamol (good painkiller for fever, more suitable than asprin) but when I was over in Wisconsin the pharmacy had no idea what paracetamol was! They prescribed me acetaminophen (with codine), which they seemed to think was similar? My husbands got toothache at the moment, so he's using them before bed.

Yvette A said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yvette A said...

Hope the sickness leaves your house soon.

Sick hubbys are not fun...lol

pamibe said...

Wow, that stuff is running rampant through your family! I hope you don't get it... and everyone is well soon.

Iccle One said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Undercover Angel said...

I hope he feels better soon, and I hope whatever it is doesn't go through your family like illness goes through ours. As soon as one of us is sick I start to panick, because I know that soon we will all have it...

Anonymous said...

I hope he will feel much better soon

Marz said...

Oh No! I hope you hubby feels better soon & I sure hope you don't get it. Nothing worse then having the flu while you're pregnant.

Heather Bea said...

This season has had some of the strangest viruses. We have all been sick off and on since mid-October. One person gets sick then the another then another. We just keep passing and mutating viruses in our house. I hope that your hubby is feeling better. They are awful when they are sick don't you think?

Bridgermama said...

Sorry to hear the sickness has enveloped your house also. Sending healing vibes your way!

Wenchy said...

Hey babe. Checkin in to see how you shaping up. Hope dh is doing betta!!!!

islandarts said...

I hope you are all feeling better soon, my family has had the worst year with sickness.

Take your vitamins, because Moms aren't allowed to get sick!!

Cristina said...

Just referred to you by Undercover Angel. Hope your husband gets well soon. We were all sick a couple weeks ago. It's no fun.

Mom on the Run said...

Here from Undercover Angel. Hope your hubby is feeling better!

Marz said...

You haven't blogged in a while. I hope everything is ok?