Monday, April 17, 2006

Post-Easter sugar crash

We had a nice Easter. Nothing too exciting. We spent the day with Gabriel's family. I bought Peeps just for Mark because that was the only candy I figured he could handle. Besides, everyone loves Peeps. He HATED them. Well, at least it didn't go over as well as I hoped. He licked the yellow sugar off . Then he tried a bite of marshmallow and spit it out. That was that.
Grandma had some mini chocolate bars, so he had a mini Mounds. That he liked so much that we had to hide the chocolate because he wanted it all.

I have been working for the past week on this new layout. I coded it myself, but I don't know if I did it right or not. Let me know if it looks all wonky. I checked it with Firefox and IE on my computer and it looks OK. I still have to get all my personalized sidebar stuff up. So please be patient. I didn't delete your link. :)

I tried to validate the code through W3C, but because Blogger uses all those non-standard tags for posting and comments, it failed validation. I don't know if 1) I coded XHTML wrong, 2) it is just Blogger's tags and there is nothing I can do about it, or 3) if I used Bloggers tags incorrectly. How important is checking validation, anyway?

I have so much sewing I need to get done. I have 5 little projects that I want to finish today. The biggest one is a bag to store our down comforter in. Last year I just stored it in the plastic zipper bag it came in. But when I went to get it in the fall, it was yellowed and smelled like ass. REALLY bad. It needed to be deep cleaned. So I want to make a cloth bag so it can breath. I can't just put it in the closet folded because uncompressed it takes up over half of it.

I don't really have any other thoughts to share today. Taking 4 days off from blogging has really thrown a curve ball in my thinking process. I missed you all. It will probably take a few days to catch up with reading and visiting.

TTFN

9 comments:

Iccle One said...

Your blog looks great! Haven't spotted any problems!

Anonymous said...

Great layout! The only issue I see is that the blogger search bar thingy is sort of squooshed in the left corner and is slightly overlapping with your title block.

Sorry, can't help with the validation thing. Way over my head!

Too funny about the peeps!

Anonymous said...

I really like the layout!! Now that you have the knowledge you can never go back!!

Anonymous said...

I think your blog layout looks great.

And now, you have been tagged by me! I do not know code, so I just put my link under my name : )

Welcome back from your break.

Yvette A said...

Looks Great!

There is no turning back once you start to play with it....lol

I have changed mine many times...lol... I am happy at the momnet with it.

Marz said...

oooh... I really like the new layout. You are so talented. I wish I knew what I was doing.

Anyways, glad you had nice Easter. N got too many chocolate eggs so mommy has been eating some too, lol.

Wenchy said...

I love the new lay out !!!

You are a gift. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the blog. When I opened your blog I thought, wow this is nice! :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks, everyone. You are really great friends.

Wenchy - You too.

Y - hehe, I am already think up images for another layout.

Momma Bee - Sometimes I see it squished too, and sometimes it is fine. Let me know if it is a problem.